Healthy no sugar added snacks

I'm still trying to avoid wheat when possible (see here for an explanation) and I'm feeling much more energized and in general better without it.  Granted, I've had my share of pizza and a delicious hamburger here and there, but overall, it's not been too badly missed.  Here's a few meatless and wheat-free snack ideas that anyone will enjoy!  And they're loaded with nutrients, high in fiber and protein and have no added sugars!



The whole family is loving these lundberg organic cinnamon toast rice cakes topped with nut butter and chopped strawberries.  This makes a great breakfast or on-the-go snack. 

I made this nut recipes from the Whole Living detox article for Sam's birthday party.  It's addicting and I love the extra crunch (and extra protein) from the quinoa!

Asparagus is in season and you can taste the freshness.  I blanched a few bunches in boiling water for 2-3 minutes then threw it in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.  It makes a great vehicle for hummus and is soft enough for the little guy to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...