healthy gluten-free snacks

I'm always looking for quick, easy and portable gluten-free snack ideas that will satisfy the whole family, even my son with multiple food allergies.  Here's a list of my current favorites and thoughts on why I love them so....

  • Trader Joe's Vegetable Chips: First of all these are delicious with guac, hummus, honey mustard etc., but they're also less expensive than the ones at WF.
  • Trader Joe's Turkey Summer Sausage: Nitrate-free and super tasty, but not too salty.  This is a great lunch box addition and equally handy when guests stop by.
  • Epic Bison, Bacon and Cranberry Bar: Sweet and salty, I keep one of these in my purse for those times when we're out and there's nothing else to give my 16 month old with food allergies besides a banana...poor guy eats lots of bananas.
  • Trader Joe's Roasted Plantain Chips:  Our current favorite after-school snack these days is plantain chips with smashed and salted avocado.
  • Trader Joe's Organic Apple and Carrot squeeze: I'm not a huge fan of this type of kid juice/squeeze in general, but again, with a child with multiple food allergies, these really come in handy.  Trader Joe's recently started selling these organic ones and I like that the apple is mixed with carrot and pumpkin.  
  • Nick's Sticks: Grass-fed, free-range and protein rich, these come in handy all the time!  I order these in bulk on-line directly from the farm and they're much more affordable that way.
  • Trader Joe's Inner Peas: Surprisingly high in protein and sufficiently crunchy, this baked pea snack is the perfect alternative to crackers
  • Dried Mango:  What can I say, we're addicted!
Any other favorite kid-friendly, mom-approved gluten-free and still healthy snack ideas?  Do share!!



2 comments:

  1. How lovely post on healthy gluten-free snacks! Thanks a ton for sharing this post. Well, I am also trying to lose weight and eating only calorie burning foods. I prefer taking herbal Green drink in morning. It is a refreshing drink that has loads of health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! Vinanza Grape

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...