- Trader Joe's Vegetable Chips: First of all these are delicious with guac, hummus, honey mustard etc., but they're also less expensive than the ones at WF.
- Trader Joe's Turkey Summer Sausage: Nitrate-free and super tasty, but not too salty. This is a great lunch box addition and equally handy when guests stop by.
- Epic Bison, Bacon and Cranberry Bar: Sweet and salty, I keep one of these in my purse for those times when we're out and there's nothing else to give my 16 month old with food allergies besides a banana...poor guy eats lots of bananas.
- Trader Joe's Roasted Plantain Chips: Our current favorite after-school snack these days is plantain chips with smashed and salted avocado.
- Trader Joe's Organic Apple and Carrot squeeze: I'm not a huge fan of this type of kid juice/squeeze in general, but again, with a child with multiple food allergies, these really come in handy. Trader Joe's recently started selling these organic ones and I like that the apple is mixed with carrot and pumpkin.
- Nick's Sticks: Grass-fed, free-range and protein rich, these come in handy all the time! I order these in bulk on-line directly from the farm and they're much more affordable that way.
- Trader Joe's Inner Peas: Surprisingly high in protein and sufficiently crunchy, this baked pea snack is the perfect alternative to crackers
- Dried Mango: What can I say, we're addicted!
Any other favorite kid-friendly, mom-approved gluten-free and still healthy snack ideas? Do share!!