cheesecake in the raw

My mom is coming to visit this weekend and she likes to have a little something sweet around....and I'm beginning to take after her ;)  I'm making this raw cheesecake for her (okay us) as it's a healthy, although not necessarily lower calorie alternative that contains healthy fats, antioxidants and living enzymes to aid digestions that your traditional cheesecake is lacking.



I've actually never made real cheesecake before, but I made this one recently and it's SO easy and seriously AMAZING (I was eating it for breakfast and dessert...oops)!  It requires very few yet all very nutritious ingredients (including cashews, honey, berries, almonds and coconut oil) and very little in the way of culinary skills.  I've mentioned My New Roots before and I'll do it again because it's an awesome blog.  I've made many of her recipes and just keep going back for more!   Check out her blog for this recipe and many others that will inspire the healthy chef in you!


PS, if you're into raw food, Karen's Raw on Halsted in Chicago offers lots of options, including a raw cheesecake that goes for $8/slice!!  I estimated that I can make an entire cake for that in about 45 minutes or less!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...