stainless steel popsicle molds: let summer begin!

We recently discovered that Sam loves ice and ice cream (not surprising).  I just ordered these ONYX stainless steel Popsicle molds on Amazon and I can't wait to get them and start making all kinds of different Popsicles for Sam and his friends.  I may even do some adult pops for those warm summer nights on the patio :)


I ran around the neighborhood to Sur La Table, Crate & Barrel, Land of Nod and Whole Foods looking for a non plastic alternative....no luck!  I'm trying to avoid plastic whenever possible (see here for an explanation) and also reduce waste.  This stainless steel set of molds costs about twice as much as the plastic ones, but they will last a lifetime and you can fill and replace them separately where with many of the plastic ones you have to pull the entire batch out at once. 

As soon as I get them, I'll post some recipe ideas and pics.

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...